Lady Eagles put up video game stats in perfect regular season
Hiwassee Dam – As if a 22-0 record wasn't impressive enough, Hiwassee Dam's softball team finished with some eye-popping statistics.
The Lady Eagles batted .414 as a team, producing 249 runs in 22 games. As impossible as those numbers seem, they aren't even the most shocking figures on the board for the team.
Here are five stat packs from the regular season that could almost only be found on PlayStation.
* Kameron Forrister had a slew of ridiculous numbers on the way to a team-leading .617 average. Forrister had 21 extra base hits and 28 stolen bases, but more incredibly, she scored 48 runs and was only retired 31 times. Forrister's on-base percentage was .670, putting her on base two out of every three times at bat.
* Haylie Shope hit 10 home runs and added 49 RBIs in 22 games, which would put her on pace for 361 RBIs in a major-league baseball season.
* Hiwassee Dam's base stealers were 35-for-35 this season.
* One more from Forrister – she has not struck out in 94 plate appearances. Even Shope struck out once.
* Shope struck out 147 batters, 101 of those swinging, and allowed only 11 earned runs in 85 2/3 innings.